Here are some fun facts you might be interested in...
• Massage stimulates the production of endorphins, the body’s natural feel-good chemicals. Similar to the feeling runners get after completing a run, massage therapy increases happiness and pain relief. Why wouldn’t you want to experience the body’s natural mood enhancers? You can when you can a regular massage!
Did you know that by massaging and gently pulling on your ears – top, middle, and bottom of outer earlobes once per day improves your immune system?
• There are five million touch receptors on your skin alone. That’s why massage therapy is a popular method of healing. The human touch is known to have numerous attributes. If you’re looking for physical and mental relief from pain, a massage is ideal for you.
Did you know that a 60 minute massage is about the same as 7-8 hours of sleep to your body?
• Research continues to show the enormous benefits of massage therapy. The medical community is actively embracing and advising patients to include massage in their health care treatment plans. Many hospitals are also incorporating massage to treat post surgery or pain patients as part of the recovery process.
OTHER HELPFUL FACTS:
* Massage Improves circulation
* Massage relaxes muscles
* Massage aids digestion
* Massage stimulates the Lymphatic System thus speeding up the elimiation of waste products
* Massage is known for producing a feeling of 'well-being'